I worked on this Journal all week, as I usually do, writing, editing, deleting, adding, putting in photos. I had it all finished. Hannah proofread it for me. And when I went to publish it, it deleted the entire thing. Now I'm sitting here trying to reconstruct it and my mind is a blank. An irritated blank. Technology can be so cruel. So instead, this will be a brief summary of what I can remember. I guess all the profound things, the insightful glimpses into my fascinating week will never be recorded. Here I go.
We worked on the living room all week. That was mostly Miriam. She worked on touching up paint, and caulking. Our crown molding arrived on Tuesday. Kurt came over on Saturday and he and Miriam put it up. Miriam is still working on the last details. It looks great. We also installed the fan light in the living with lots of help from Tosh.
| Working on the crown molding with Kurt. |
| The living room with new crown molding. |
On Tuesday Hannah and Tosh drove down to Pittsburgh and met up with Tabor to help Hannah buy a new car. Her old car needed more repairs than it was worth. With the guidance of her two brothers-in-law, she traded in her old car and bought a 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander.
| Hannah and her new car. |
We had poor outdoor working weather most of the week, but I did what I could. This coming week looks like more of the same. We're picking apples, trying to strip the trees. I hope we'll finish that this week so we can go to the cider mill.
| Pickings from Thursday. |
| More pickings from Saturday. |
Miriam won a contest to paint a bell for the 250th anniversary of the United States. Every county in Pennsylvania will have a bell. Miriam's will be on display at the Potter County offices. The bell arrived last week. It is too big to fit through the doors of our house, so we took it to the Foster's where she will work on painting it.
| Sunrise this morning. |
This coming weekend we are going on an adventure. We will spend Friday at the Thayn's house. Saturday morning Stacey and I have a leadership meeting at the chapel by the Pittsburgh Temple. After that we are driving to Kirtland, Ohio, to tour the church history sites. We will spend Saturday night at a motel and on Sunday we are going to attend church in the ward I went to when I lived in Ohio as a child. I haven't been back there in over fifty years. I'll tell you about it next week.
And that's it. Good Sabbath.